Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Earth Hour

Earth Hour is a worldwide event organised by 'WWF'. It's held in March and it encourages people to turn off their lights for an hour to raise awareness. The event first took place in 2007 in Sydney. Following Sydney, many other cities adopted the event in 2008. Earth Hour 2012 was held on the 31 March.




Earth Hour launched it's 2012 campaign 'I will If you will', sharing the awareness publicly threw Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and e-mail. It was organised to inspire people to take action and share commitment. In the previous year, YouTube changed it's logo to a light switch, so users can make the background white or black...
Earth Hour 2013 will be held on Saturday, 30 March. 


To me, Earth Hour is more than just flicking a light switch. Every year, it reminds us of the responsibility towards our planet. It's obvious that 1 hour is not gonna save Earth, but it is symbolic. A CALL TO ACTION!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ivana :)
    I agree that it's a call to action. I try to encourage my friends to participate in Earth Hour and I try my best to do Earth Hour every year. I think it helps us realize if we do one small thing others will follow us and it makes a chain reaction!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete